At Xcel 2 Fitness, we use the fundamentals of fitness
to develop the character boys need to chase their dreams.
So, what does that mean? Well, we have two driving factors in X2F – fitness and character.
- Fitness – We want boys to recognize that fitness can be (and should be) fun. We believe this engages boys appropriately on their level and promotes a lifelong mindset toward fitness. The fundamentals we focus on are speed, agility, strength, balance, and cardio.
- Character – We believe one of the biggest keys to success is in character development. We begin and end every session with one of three different character focuses – teamwork, leadership, and goal-setting. Within those topics, we consistently come back to passion, team, and grit.
- Passion drives goals, and goals determine the path of our actions.
- Team enables overcoming. With the right people around you, you can overcome any obstacle. We believe our boys need to hear as much as possible about getting the right people on their “team” who will support and encourage them.
- Grit is the recognition of obstacles and failure, and the resolve to be greater than them. Things are not always easy, and you have to be determined in the face of difficulty.
"We use the fundamentals of fitness..."
We use the “fundamentals of fitness” because they are the necessary tools that every single person needs to become greater in regards to athletics. Our focus on speed and agility, strength, balance, and cardiovascular endurance (cardio) is not to have a broad focus, but a narrow one. By focusing on these fundamentals, we can improve skills that translate to any sport or athletic situation, prevent injury, and teach discipline. The “fundamentals of fitness” does NOT indicate a lower challenge level that addresses a lower skill level versus a higher skill level. In fact, everyone from beginners to professional athletes benefit from a focus on fundamentals. Our program strategically captures various skill levels while concentrating on the things that will always be a factor in being greater in terms of fitness, regardless of the path taken.
"to develop the character..."
Our character development focuses on teamwork, leadership, and goal-setting. These are vital components to personal growth that are manifest in team-based situations. Each session in our program, boys are led in a discussion based one of these character aspects as well as work in team-based situations to give them practice working with others so that they can learn more about teamwork, leadership, and goal-setting. This is the glue for our program that takes any mere fitness challenge to another level where boys can learn to appreciate uniqueness, a variety of skill levels, and the necessity of others.
"boys need to chase their dreams."
We believe that regardless of what a dream is and regardless of how it changes over the course of time, character is what always drives a dream to reality. We want boys to learn through our challenges that they can overcome any obstacle and through our sessions that they are made to do great things. We want boys to develop the kind of character that keeps them marching onward, no matter what gets in their way. We know boys won’t be headed toward the same things and that they each have their own unique dreams, but we want boys to realize that they are made to do their “thing” and do it with excellence!